Brown Family Law Group, Bruce D. Brown, Attorney
Print Friendly and PDF

Enforcement of Court Orders

Divorce: Enforcement of Court Orders

We help divorced parties collect unpaid child support and spousal maintenance and enforce other court orders.

One of the most frustrating issues, even after a divorce is finalized, is making sure that divorce agreements and orders are followed and enforced. You may have an existing custody or support arrangement or an order concerning financial liability (e.g., debts and taxes); but if the other party fails to comply, you may be forced back into court.

We help divorced parties collect unpaid child support and spousal maintenance and enforce other obligations. We will review the income and assets of the opposing party, file a motion for contempt and pursue your rights.

We know how difficult it can be for families in need. Our priority is to help you recover as quickly as possible, with minimal time and expense in court. We will explore every available option to protect your rights, financial security and the best interests of your children.

We are also experienced in contempt issues involving:
  • Failure to follow court orders
  • Non-compliance with a property division order
  • Failure to comply with a custody or visitation order
  • Unpaid child support
  • Withholding of support related to custody
  • Spousal maintenance (alimony) enforcement

Contempt Hearing Defense

If you are being held in contempt or believe that a case may be brought against you for unpaid child support or failure to follow court orders, now is the time to get help. Our legal team is experienced with the defense of individuals being held in contempt for unpaid support. We know that these issues are complicated, and you may have personal reasons, including job loss, injury, or custody disputes that may prevent you from paying. It is important to protect your rights with an experienced legal advocate or you could risk jail time, loss of your license and financial fines for failure to pay child support in Maricopa County.
Share by: